The recruitment season is upon us. This means various high-profile companies descend on the Universities like flies and try to pick out the goodies among the students. Everyone with exceptional grades, work experience, time spent abroad, extracurricular activities, great language skills and a low number of semesters until graduation, is the human equivalent of the Holy Grail. Right now I'm hoping that this Holy Grail-person is as fictional as it sounds, although I think I actually have met people like that. So I'm hoping that there are fewer Holy Grail-people than the companies want to recruit.
What really annoys me though, is that looking at all these company profiles, reading application guides, trying to polish my CV and filling out various online profiles for these recruitment events prevents me from doing what I should be doing: spending quality time with my thesis and the pile of books that goes with it. Damnit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment