So, my Monday was really productive, as you've probably guessed. So were Tuesday and Wednesday, but I can't blame that on the Oscars, really.
A few things to add to my coverage:
- The two sound editing/mixing presenters were Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill. Actors, not writers. Oopsie.
- Brad Renfro wasn't the only one they left out of the dead people-montage. Roy Scheider died a couple of days too late to be considered. He'll probably show up in next year's montage.
- I don't remember most of Jon Stewart's jokes, but one I really liked was when he mentioned all the pregnant ladies in the audience (Nicole Kidman, Jessica Alba, Cate Blanchett), called them "nominees", opened an envelope and said: "...and the baby goes to: Angelina Jolie!".
Thanks to everyone who actually bothered to read the whole thing! Turns out, actually several people did. Thanks, I appreciate it! And however long it took you, to get through it - take solace in the fact, that it took me much longer to watch the actual telecast and type it all up, so in a way, I have saved you a lot of time, not wasted it!;-)
ETA: For a list of Jon's best one-liners of the night, click here.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment