Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oscars


Since the writers' strike is now officially over, this means that unlike the Golden Globes ceremony earlier this year, the Academy Awards will be held in all their glory on Sunday, February 24th, hosted by Jon Stewart of The Daily Show. As some of you know, I try to watch the telecast every year, eventhough it airs sometime between 3 and 7 AM CET and is spiked with random coin collection commercials.

As I hope to start working full-time sometime this year, this will probably be the last time I can afford to watch the Oscars live (since I don't have to go anywhere early Monday morning at the moment). So I'm looking for anyone who'd be willing to join me - it will be fun, I swear! Alcohol! Snacks! Making fun of everyone and everything that appears on screen! It will be like christmas but with lots of celebrities and excruciatingly long acceptance speeches interrupted by the Academy Award Orchestra of Doom. Oh, and I'm sure we'll get standing ovations for poor Heath Ledger during the "Geez, all these people died last year?"-montage. And if you're the gambling type, we can bet on the winners?

You will laugh! You will cry! You will occasionally doze off during the boring musical numbers!

'Nough said.

3 comments:

Mrs Z said...

Darn, that little speech of yours really makes me to want to join in on all the fun!

aena said...

Hehe, yeah, it's a real shame you won't be here. But you're lucky! You can actually watch the Oscars at a normal time of day - I'm sure you can find an Oscar-viewing-party somewhere in Chicago!

Mrs Z said...

I wouldn't be too sure about that - ratings have been going way down over the past few years, no one is even watching the thing anymore! And I can't really blame them, it just takes too long...