That should be my motto. It's just so frustrating. The closer our elections get the more I get worked up about superficial statements and knee-jerk, irrational reactions from all political parties and the media. How very naive that it took me 24 years to realize that apparently logic and rational arguments have no place in politics. I find it amazing that countries and governments still manage to kinda sorta work (at least on a day-to-day basis) despite this. I guess we get the politicans and policies we deserve?
At least we get a colourful variety of parties in our executive branch as well as in our parliament. I am really holding on to the belief that seven people probably make better decisions than one in the long run. Plus, they've got power in numbers if there is ever a Politician Deathmatch. Leuenberger, Calmy-Rey, Leuthard, Merz, Couchepin, Schmid and Blocher could totally kick Bush's ass in a fight. Not sure about Merkel though. Chick's tough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Angie Merkel rocks! I'm all for women in politics, really. Wouldn't it be fun to get a picture of Hillary and Mrs. Merkel as heads of state? They kind of look alike...
But did you ever wonder what they make of Michelline's hairstyle abroad?
In any case, let's just hold on to that hope of seven people being better than one. Otherwise, after today's election, we would really be in trouble...
Post a Comment