In case you haven't noticed, this blog's a mess. I am still trying to figure out whether this somehow represents my personality and whether that is something I should be worried about.
The TV updates have stopped because all new and returning shows (except Men In Trees, Viva Laughlin and Samantha Who) had already premiered and therefore there was nothing new to add to the already exisiting posts.
The political posts were just things I needed to get off my chest, sorry. Now that the elections are over we can all calm ourselves again and I promise I'll shut up about this topic for a while.
In other news, Olma has just come to an end here in St. Gallen (pictures of my time at the Olma with fellow CouchSurfers from the region are here) and since I live right next to the fair that goes along with it, I'm happy to report I now have got my peace and quiet back.
Also, after struggling with my Thesis topic for a year, I've decided to drop it and completely change my topic and professor (not that the ones I had so far weren't good enough, it's just that I need a fresh start). So I'll be writing some important e-mails today that I should have written days ago but somehow I didn't feel like doing so while hung over...
Hangovers were due to 1. Seeing Berit for the first time since her return from Ghana (Wednesday), 2. 2Many DJs gig in Zurich (Friday) and 3. the aforementioned Olma (Saturday).
This week I'm looking forward to getting everything in order for my new Thesis topic, having my friend Elisa come over to my place on Thursday (to watch Battlestar Galactica together! Yay!) and teaching again on Wednesday and Thursday (ok, that one's more of a chore than a pleasure, but they're good kids and at least I no longer teach on Fridays!).
I am decidedly less excited about having to clean my apartment which is something I really really need to do. On the plus side, the new vacuum cleaner I got for my birthday from my mum is amazing so that takes away some of the dread.
Speaking of my mum, she and her ex (see the photo in this post) are opening a restaurant and bar together on December 7th in Goldach, they've got a preliminary website here, if you're interested. They hired a really nice Hungarian cook and they will be serving Mediterranean dishes. Wish them luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck to your Mum! I'll keep it in mind next time I'm up near the Bodensee.
Thanks a lot, she'll very much appreciate it, since the only real support she gets is from friends and family in Hungary. In Switzerland people just keep telling her it's going to fail.
I find that really mean, especially since she isn't even risking anything, it's her ex boyfriend's "baby" and he's funding it, she's just happy to have a project where she can be creative and appreciated.
Hi Honey, and Honey's Friends,
Thanks a lot for your support! anybody who wants to get an invitation to the opening may send her / his address to info@wilderstier.ch - thanks! :-) Yes, people are mean, they say I should leave my ex alone with her new girlfried and him they say: 9 of 10 restaruants close anyway! But we did our homework, our ship is on course and we stick together like real friends! Ours will be the one restaurant which survives - and don't forget the BAR either!!! - It will be cool, and the kitchen too! Not cheap but worth the money and payable (normal), if you have something to celebrate you are welcome! We are winers, we are the one from the ten, be sure! I owe this my daughter who trusts and supports me - thanks Baby, I love you (understand Oscar winners now he he) We shall offer Appenzeller Bier, this is agreed by now - i hope you like it! See you soon! Love mum
Post a Comment