Sunday, September 9, 2007

Let's Talk Politics, Part 3: Where do I stand?

Sigh. Honestly, I don't know where I stand anymore. I have never been a fan of the SVP's political "style". I also feel that when it comes to a lot of topics, especially economic policy, they're very self-contradictory. Unfortunately so are the other parties and if they aren't, I often find myself not agreeing with anything they say (I'm looking at you, SP...).

So while the FDP might come closest to my political views, they're currently a mess, so I won't be voting parties this fall, but people, with the help of my good friend smartvote.

As for the current SVP campaign - well, I can't help but think that if someone chooses to move to Switzerland also chooses to rape, murder or what not, I'm not gonna be very enthusiastic about paying for his prison time with my tax francs...so I guess we'll see which way I lean by the time we get to vote on the issue in 2009 or so.

No comments: