Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blah

I know, I haven't been blogging about anything else but US tv shows for the past two weeks, so you, my dearly devoted readers, will now be treated to a random blabbering post.

Turns out keeping track of all the tv shows I've been blogging about is really stressful, seeing as I don't only watch shows I like, I also like to read TWOP's recaps and lurk/post in their wonderfully strictly moderated forums (they've got a real grammar and spelling police there, y'all!). Until recently this was feasible, especially during the summer, with so many shows on hiatus and because TWOP's resources used to be too limited to recap too big a line-up.

But now that the fall season's back on, with tons of new and old shows premiering and TWOP having expanded their line-up to almost every single show I watch (they were bought by Bravo, a network belonging to NBC and they are now swimming in cash, compared to the early days), it has been impossible for me to keep up. Especially since I've got a life and stuff, you know? (At least that's what I keep telling myself)

Speaking of everyday life, I'm really glad my students now have fall vacation (starting Monday), which gives me a three-week-break from teaching. Maybe that'll make me get started on my Thesis? After all, wonders never cease, right?

Also, I've finally given in and started reading Harry Potter. I really enjoyed the first book and am now looking forward to borrowing the others from a friend. Yet another procrastination tool! I am so smart! So very, very smart. S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-R-T. (10 points for everyone who got this reference!)

In other news, I am having a hard time deciding whether to join the "Fuck off...I don't want to be a pirate/vampire/werewolf/zombie"-group on facebook or not. On the one hand, it really expresses my sentiments on the subject, on the other hand I don't want to insult friends who actually think those applications are fun and cool and who regularly invite me to be a pirate/vampire/werewolf/zombie. What do you think I should do?

In the last two days I have also for the first time grasped the true advantage of dynamic RSS-feed-bookmarks. They're awesome! I know I'm late to join the club, but are you really surprised? I just told you that I've only now started reading Harry Potter...

To conclude this post I would like to give everyone who ever wants to buy me a present, i.e. for my birthday / christmas / just to show their love and admiration, a hint: it's really really easy to get me something I like. Get me a DVD of a season of a show I love, including but not limited to any of Eddie Izzard's stand-up work ! (considering the amount of time I spend talking and writing about tv shows and the amount of tv show-DVDs I have handed out as gifts myself, it is actually kind of shocking that no one has ever thought of this). Concert tickets to a band I like! Easy-reading books by an author I like! Or if you insist on getting me jewellery, just have it be made out of anything but gold! See? Easy. Of course I will also not say no to most alcoholic beverages. I mean, who would?

If you need more gift ideas for me, just e-mail me! It really wouldn't be any trouble at all, I swear!

(Heh, I guess it's fitting I just joined ms. mac's group on facebook called "The Stupid Idiot's Crappy Group for Jerks")

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: