
Alrighty. So, I got back from Hungary yesterday morning, convinced I'd be doing all kinds of stuff like swimming, cleaning, unpacking my bags etc. Much to my surprise (not), I didn't. Oh well, there's always "mañana"!
Anyway, Hungary was fun. We left last Sunday morning (only around 1.5 hours later than planned, which has got to be some kind of record for my mum) and headed straight to lake Balaton (biggest lake in Europe! Or central Europe! Or something!) and got there right in time for a nice BBQ dinner.
My mum's goddaughter, her husband and 17 month old son were already there and the baby and I of course immediately fell in love with each other. I think it helped that my name is fairly easy to pronounce for a baby, so he said it a lot. I melted every time. Have I mentioned that I have loved babies ever since I was a baby myself?

On Tuesday the weather turned swiss, so we decided to take our road trip up to Budapest, my mum dumped me at our friends' place and went to check on our little cabin in Leányfalu, a little village outside Budapest.
Wednesday then was our dentist day, which makes it sound a lot longer than the actual dentist visit was ('bout half an hour for both of us). Thankfully my teeth are still fine and I can still not empathize with peoples' dentist phobias. They were always my favourite doctors, they never hurt me, paid me compliments for taking good care of my teeth and gave me little plastic toys I got to choose from a big basket filled with them. I love dentists!
Since our dentist lives fairly close to the Slovakian border, we decided to pay my dad and his family a little visit. We had a nice lunch together, chatted a bit over coffee and finally it was time for Mum and me to get back to our cabin (via a pretty ferry ride at sunset!). There my mum put together the bonfirest bonfire that ever bonfired, we had dinner and knocked back some Hungarian Schnaps and some red wine. Nice.
Daddy & Family
Danube
CabinThursday night we then headed back to Budapest to our friends' house yet again, Friday I went for all - you - can - eat sushi with a friend, Saturday was lunch with whoever's left in our batshit crazy family (and really, whose isn't?) and then that was it - we left Saturday evening, drove all night (can you hear Céline Dion playing in your head?) and you know the rest.
GrandmaAll in all a wonderful, unproductive but eventful and very calory-fueled week and probably an ultimately boring post for all those of you who weren't there, which means all of you.
Have a nice week everyone!

3 comments:
Frau E.,
Es ist also absolut nicht langweilig. Im Gegenteil, man sieht deine Verwandten, schöne Bilder und weiss, was Sie in der woche so alles getan haben. Was will man mehr? :)
Liebste Grüsse!
Siezen und Duzen, wie es grad kommt. ;)
Liebste Frau Simi,
mit dem "wie es grad kommt" sprechen Sie mir aus dem Herzen! Unkompliziert rockt nämlich:-).
Es drückt Dich,
Anna
Post a Comment