Ok, maybe it won't, but it sure is a lot of fun to be part of it! CouchSurfing is based on the idea that it is so much more interesting and a hell of a lot cheaper to travel, if you can stay on a friend's couch. Since none of us have friends in every country, every city, every village, wouldn't it be nice to create a community of people offering you their couches? Yes, yes it would.
Of course there are lots of safety measures in place and you can deny any CouchSurfing requests you don't feel comfortable with.
Personally I have so far only hosted one person - I guess St. Gallen is not the popular tourist spot that I thought it was. Anyway, this Saturday I had the opportunity to discover what I like the most about CouchSurfing - big group gatherings with people from all over the globe, good food and alcohol. You can't go wrong with that! All this was brought to me and the CouchSurfing community courtesy of a lovely member in Gossau who cooked Paëlla for 130 people, let us camp in his backyard and even got us breakfast. Pictures are here. Thanks Vince!

2 comments:
And here's me thinking the most exciting happening in Gossau was Kerzenziehen!
Not quite! But I gotta say, Kerzenziehen is a close second!
Post a Comment