Friday, April 20, 2007

Isn't It Ironic?

Only it's not, the whole thing is just sad: Liviu Librescu, Jewish-Romanian Holocaust survivor also survived Ceausescu's dictatorship in Romania and living in Israel, only to be be killed at the shootings in Virginia a couple of days ago, while trying to save his students. Makes you wonder about destiny and such, doesn't it? He survived so many dangerous situations and was therefore, at the age of 76, able to save a classroom of students.

Surely a heroic way to go, but things like that just make me sad. Just by looking at this one man's biography you get a glimpse of 4 different kinds of human atrocities: genocide, dictatorship, ethnic conflict and lone gunmen who want to "make a statement" or whatever their reasoning is. Oh, and how could I forget the media, who are absolutely loving this. People suck. Maybe with the exception of Mr. Librescu.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know, I've read about him, it's so sad!:/ coincidence with Holocaust remeberance Day? was ment to be? one is for sure, it's not a way how world should get rid of people like him..