Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer - A TV-Wasteland. Or is it?

As anyone who knows me knows, I'm a huge US-TV-shows addict. Unfortunately most shows go on hiatus by mid-May, leaving my life empty and pointless. But, alas, there is a remedy! Summer sci-fi shows!

Kyle XY: Now in its second season, the show started out with a pretty and pretty naked young man waking up in the forest, covered in pink goo and with no navel. There's also a conspiracy, a loving foster family and blatant product placement for Sour Patch Kids. What more do you want?


The 4400: Now in its fourth season, the show started out with 4400 people appearing out of the blue in a spot formerly known as a lake (*poof*, water gone, *poof*, people there). All these people had disappeared off the face of the earth at some point during the last 100 years or so. They don't remember anything after their abduction and they haven't aged. They also can do pretty cool shit like predict the future, heal, control people's minds, etc.

Eureka: Starting its second season this July, Eureka is about a small town (called Eureka) somewhere in the US. It is also a secret town. With genius scientist inhabitants only. And when they do their science stuff, things go wrong. Weird things. And then the local common sense, non-genius scientist sheriff has to clean up the mess. He is not happy about this, but at least he has a lovely bratty teenage daughter and a high-tech house that talks to him. Hey, why not?

Intrigued yet?

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Errr.. have you seen any Heroes? I'm not sure if it's on Swiss tv but we've seen it by the power of download. Entertaining enough for a gal at a loose end in Summer.

aena said...

Oh, yes, I have seen all Heroes episodes and have suffered through the two 7 week hiatuses during the season! How would you stop an exploding man?

And, well, I have to admit, all the series discussed in this post and anything else I might watch does come to me via the power of download. Hmm, maybe as a future lawyer I shouldn't admit to this in public?