...Roger Federer is the exception to that rule. What prompts me to state this controversial opinion, you may ask? Well, DJ Bobo who has vowed to single-handedly save Switzerland's reputation at the Eurovision Song Contest and avoid the all too familiar "Switzerland: zero points" this year, is now being protested against! Apparently some swiss Christians are offended by his Contest-song, "Vampires are alive". It's evil! Satanic! There are a lot of words I would use to describe DJ Bobo, "satanic" isn't one of them. And while I may not be a fan, he has sold a lot of records all over the world, you've got to respect that! I guess we'll just have to wait for May to see what René's (Bobo's real name is René Baumann) vampires can do for us.
And now for something completely different:
Forrest Gump's long-standing running-around-the-world(America)-record of 3 years, 2 months, 14 days and 16 hours has been beaten by Robert Garside, a former police officer. Or maybe not? I still like Forrest better.
Meta-comment: I realize that these news-snippets have absolutely nothing to do with my stay here in Canada, but they're fun, so please let me. If you think it's more interesting, I can give you a Montréal weather-update though: it's raining and I don't like it.
Fast 50'000 Schweizer wollen offenbar nicht, dass DJ Bobo für uns singt. Zumindest nicht "Vampires are alive". Ich hoffe bloss, Plan B ist nicht wieder Gunvor...
Übrigens, Forrest Gumps Jogging-Rekord von 3 Jahren, 2 Monaten, 14 Tagen und 16 Stunden ist offenbar übertroffen worden. Egal, Forrest hat noch andere Trümpfe in der Hand. Jawohl!
Meta-Kommentar: mir ist natürlich absolut bewusst,dass meine news.ch-Beiträge mehr oder weniger sinnfrei sind und rein gar nichts mit meinem Aufenthalt in Kanada zu tun haben. Aber lasst mir doch die Freude! Falls euch das mehr interessiert, kann ich euch an dieser Stelle noch ein kurzes Montréal Wetter-Update geben: es regnet und ist gruusig.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Updated info for you on the other side of Garside:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040211131848/www.ultramarathonworld.com/uw_archive/garside.html
Thanks
Phil
Naja, es scheint so, als ob auch unser Roger einen Tiefflieger hätte, zur Zeit.
Dass sich nun die EVP auf den Plan gerufen fühlt wegen unseres Weltstars-DJs der keiner ist (ein DJ) gleicht für mich einem grossartigen PR-Gag (natürlich unfreiwilligerweise auch für den Herrn Bobo)und zeugt von der allgemeinen Sinnfreiheit im sozialen Verhalten der MENSCHEN. ;)
Post a Comment