Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bad Luck Sucks

Maybe it's just because I'm not used to it, but I'm really getting unsettled by this apparent streak of bad luck I've been having.

My nephew's present gets lost in the mail.

I lose my wallet in Budapest, thankfully only parting with about 20.- Swiss Francs in Forints and a Maestro card.

The one time I take the train back home from Budapest it has to take a detour through Germany and the trip takes effin' 12 hours and then part of the train loses power so there's no lights (a blessing, actually, because I finally could sleep a little), no air conditioning (not such a blessing when the train's full and there's no air), the toilet doesn't flush and the doors won't open.

I accidentally take my friend's car keys with me, discover it really late, have to send it back within 24 hours with DHL which costs a shitload of money and then they don't even manage to deliver it on time because they get held up at customs and then they want more money and I'm pissed 'cause it was all their fault, but luckily (ha! I did have some good luck!) my Hungarian friend talks them out of that BS.

None of the other teachers at the school where I teach manage to tell me that the syllabus they gave me won't be enough to fill the lessons and that I need lots and lots of additional material (which they of course didn't offer), resulting in me going through the course book in record time, at a rate where I'll finish the material for the whole semester by October. That can't be good.

See? Bad luck. Mixed in with mine and others' incompetence. Me decidedly not likey.

Update: I just realized what never fails to cheer me up: Spider Pig!

1 comment:

Simi said...

Awww. Poor Aena!

Scheint eine turbulente Phase zu sein, vor allem das mit der Schule suckt ja wirklich extrem.
Ich schicke Dir ganz viel Kraft und positive Programmierungssätze. ;)

hugz*