The Good:
- Real winter with cold, snow and NO rain!
- A very cool roommate.
- Cute cats that I'm not even allergic to.
- The metro. Cause I like metros. They're very convenient. We really should have one back home.
- (Comparatively) cheap sushi.
- Being able to watch TV shows live, with the latest episodes of EVERYTHING. I'm in heaven.
- Shops with free delivery, 24hrs. Very convenient if you and your roommate should happen to get a beer&chips-craving while watching those TV shows (not that that ever happened, of course...;-)).
- Improving my French (I hope).
- Two-bite brownies. To quote Friends: "Like little drops of heaven".
- Garbage pick-up twice a week and Recycling pick-up once a week. Very handy, gotta say.
- Beautiful University building (at least the main building is).
- Free indoor-swimming pool for students.
The Bad:
- The wind, she blows. And it's cold. Which makes going anywhere quite an undertaking, since you have to dress up in around 52 layers, only to remove 50 of them when getting on the subway (which is totally overheated). And to put them back on, when you get out. Hoping, you didn't leave your scarf, gloves, mind, etc. behind.
- I only have three classes, but one of them is more work than three classes back home...great! And I think I'm supposed to be working on my Master's Thesis as well. Yeah, that's so not gonna blow up in my face, is it?
- The cats. Cute as they may be, they can be quite intimidating when they're trying to steal your food! After all, they're just tiny versions of tigers and lions. Rooowwwr.
- The damn front door that's so hard to close that you have to throw your entire weight against it to succeed. And if you happen forget to do that (as a lot of people in our building seem to), you'll end up with junkies and/or homeless people in your stairwell. Or so I've heard.
The Ugly:
- Sorry, I still can't get over the taxes - not - included - in - prices - thing. Makes. no. sense.
- Wanna see ugly? That's me in all my thermal underwear glory! Comfort definitely comes before style here, as noonee so adequately pointed out.
Falls eine deutsche Version dieses eher Füllmaterial-Beitrages gewünscht wird, einfach bei mir melden oder hier Kommentar hinterlassen! Ansonsten geht's mir weiterhin gut hier und es hat sich soweit nichts spektakuläres mehr ereignet in letzter Zeit.

2 comments:
Frau E. !
Was für einen Freude, jetzt können wir uns alle gegenseitig Kommentare hinterlassen.
Nein, deutsche Version ist natürlich nicht nötig. Ich hingegen bin gerade viel zu faul, um auf meine eigentlich zu übende Fremdsrpache umzusteigen.
Also deine Füllerposts sind recht ansehnlich und beeindruckend, insofern würde ich auch in Zukunft den Blog mit solchen Posts füllen. ;)
Ja, das mit den Miniraubtieren ist so eine Sache. Und Hunger haben sie schon fast wie ihre grossen Geschwister, das konnte sich dann doch nicht proportional verkleinern.
Zum Thermowäsche-Problem:
Das Zeug zieht man ja auch draussen an, und kann man klammheimlich loswerden, sobald man in einer warmen Stube weilt.
In diesem Sinne wünsche ich Ihnen weiterhin viel Freude, und Wärme
Alles Liebe,
Die andere Frau E.
Liebe Frau E.,
ja, gegenseitig kommentieren ist lustig! Mir scheint mittlerweile sowieso, Sie, Herrmann und ich befinden uns in einem kleinen Blog-Mikrokosmos, in einer sehr exklusiven Runde.
Ich wünsche Ihnen ein wunderschönes Wochenende und auf das wir uns bald wieder lesen!
Ihre Frau E. (die hiesige)
Post a Comment